20 May 2018

RSS Feed

Meet Our Experts

  • v Pradeep Kumar
  • G K Pramod
  • Rajesh Kumar
  • Bharat Kumar
  • Ms.Vandana Goel
  • Mr. Ajay Rawal
  • Mr. Rajeev Roy
Category: Heading 2

Undecided Question

Proprietorship enterprises for Publications of Academic Journals and Books
For Proprietorship enterprises of Publications of Academic Journals and Books, which also have foreign Subscriptionsf for journal and order for book. I want to know: 1. Do I need to get "IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE" ( in short IEC ) ? 2. What is other leagal responsibilities which I suppose to fulfill ?
  • 0 Interesting!
  • Hits: 1875
  • Posted on: 2011-01-16 18:00
Only for Experts
Current Answers to this Question (1) :


  • Firstly, our congratulations on your venture.   The legal requirements for starting/running a publishing business are the same as any other. For IEC, and formalities, please refer to  http://commerce.nic.in/index.asp. It might take just two working days to get an IEC code, once documents are submitted.   In addition, you would need to register the titles with Registrar for Newspapers in India, [RNI]. Please refer to https://rni.nic.in/mini_ib.asp Answer provided by V. Pradeep Kumar.  V.Pradeep Kumar is a publishing and media expert, with diverse local and international experience.

    • 2011-01-18 22:42


Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Follow SEI

Facebook Twitter Linkedin Youtube RSS Feed
Small Enterprise India Newsletters


Take Our Online PollVoice your opinion
What do you expect from the StartUp India Action Plan?

Stock Market